Trailing Begonia 'Illumination Apricot Shades' - 10x Scent Tubers
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- One of the most popular Spring bedding plants for garden flower power and weather resilience
- Guaranteed performer in baskets and containers, come rain or shone, it keeps delivering
- Tubers give you a head start over cuttings, for earlier blooms from May to October.
- Plant indoors initially with shallow covering of compost, plant out when frosts have passed.
- Supplied as 20 Tubers. Once flowered, tubers can be lifted in Autumn and kept frost-free used again next year.
Year after Year, Begonia Illumination Apricot Shades features in our Top 3 best-selling bedding and basket plants. Why? It's undoubtedly the combination of fantastic performance in baskets and tubs whatever the summer weather, combined with the gorgeous blend of warm tones and shades that the mix produces. This beautiful variety has flowers in wonderfully warm shades of yellow, gold, apricot, orange and ochre that will fill your hanging baskets and patio containers with colour from May until October! The blooms are incredibly weather proof, long lasting and plentiful, held on strong healthy plants with a gently trailing growing habit. They look best simply on their own, as there is enough subtle colour variation not to look too overdone. One for the short-list for sure.
- You can remove the single female flowers to encourage more of the large double male flowers to be produced if you wish - although we like to leave them on for a fuller display.
- Deadhead faded blooms to extend the flowering period.
- Begonia ‘Apricot Shades’ grows well in sun and shade, and its trailing habit makes it perfect for growing in pots and hanging baskets.
- For best results keep plants well watered, and feed fortnightly with a high-potash fertiliser to prolong flowering.
- Remove faded flowers to encourage more blooms.
- Begonia plugs can be planted straight into containers and baskets but are best potted on first and grown on in warm, frost-free conditions.
- Begonia plants can then be transplanted into their final containers once they have increased in size.
- When all risk of frost has passed, acclimatise begonia plants to outdoor conditions over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Choose a sunny or semi shaded position that is protected from strong winds - a cold frame is ideal.
- Feed and water plants frequently throughout the growing season taking care not to over-water, as this will cause new begonia flower buds to drop.
- Deadhead the single female flowers to encourage more of the large double male flowers to be produced and to extend the flowering period.
March - June
May - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment