Acer Palmatum 'Dissectum'
Delivery In 4 to 7 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Fabulous lacy foliaged green hardy Acer (Japanese Maple)
- Slow growing and spreading habit, reaches 2m tall and 2.5m wide in 10 years.
- Lime green new leaves each spring, with amazing orange red autumn blaze
- Very hardy and easy to grow
- Supplied as a 4 year old plant in a 3L pot, 50cm, tall
This delicate looking, lacy leaved Acer is a real garden classic. A compact and easily managed small tree, ideal for smaller garden borders as a specimen or in large pots and works especially well in modern style gardens too in metallic planters - a great urban garden plant. The leaves are very fine and lace-like emerge each spring a lovely lime green, which deepens slightly over summer, then in autumn, it turns the most amazing orange, a wonderful finale to it's growing season - falling dormant to repat it's virtuoso performance all over again year atter year. Reaching a maximum of 7-8ft (2.2M) in 10 years, it's natural habit is slightly spreading, so has a large bonsai like style of growth. Great for oriental inspired themes. A real garden 'must-have' for low maintenance and style.
Planting Advice for your Acer Dissectum:
- If your soil is slightly acidic, then you have the perfect conditions to grow Japanese maples - however do not worry if you have not as most can be grown in other soils as long as they are not wet, dry or very alkaline.
- If growing in a pot, use a 50/50 mix of ericaceous and multipurpose compost if you can - although again don't worry overly about this.
- If planting in the garden, prepare a wide hole and loosen the soil with a fork, incorporating organic matter as needed to improve moisture retention and condition.
- Plant your Acer so that the top of the root ball is just slightly below ground level.
- Fill the planting hole with soil and heel well in. Water well.
Aftercare advice for your Acer:
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plant is well watered.
- Avoid exposed places as leaves can suffer with windburn (scorch), especially if the plant is dry.
- Allow your Japanese Maple to get used to a whole day in the sun by starting it off in the shade, then standing it in its final sunny spot (in pot or in the garden soil) for one hour longer every day for a week.
- Water regularly and deeply.
- Feed with our specialist Acer feed.
- Mulch every couple of years with well-rotted garden compost or well-rotted manure or leaf mould.
Pruning advice for your Acer Dissectum:
- Acers generally do not need pruning, just remove any branches that are dead or damaged.
March - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment