Acer Palmatum 'Emerald Lace' - Single Established Plant
This Product Is Discontinued And No Longer Available For Purchase
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Bright emerald-green leaves turn into stunning, blazing reds and oranges
- Slow growing and compact with a gentle, spreading habit
- Very hardy and easy to grow in sun or light shade - perfect for novice and experienced gardeners alike.
- A shrub that can be grown in a garden or on decking, patios or balconies
- Supplied as an established plant in a9cm pot, reaches 1.5m tall and 1m wide.
Fabulous emerald-green leaves make this hardy Japanese Maple an ideal addition to your garden, where its fine leaves form a soft mound of glorious colour - changing to dazzling, fiery shades of red and orange in the autumn. Slow growing and compact with a gentle, spreading habit, 'Emerald Lace' makes a perfect specimen plant in a large pot, where it will happily perform for years, bringing joy to everyone who sees it! Very hardy and easy to grow in sun or light shade, this is a beautiful shrub that can be grown with or without a garden - great on your decking, patio or balcony. Fully deserving its coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, you can be sure that this is a proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence, for stunning displays for many years to come.
Supplied as an established plant in a 2L pot, reaches 1.5m tall and 1m wide in 10 years. Dormant in winter so no leaves Nov - March.
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun will be tolerated.
Planting Advice for your Acer palmatum 'Emerald Lace':
- If your soil is slightly acidic, then you have the perfect conditions to grow Japanese maples - however do not worry if you have not as most can be grown in other soils as long as they are not wet, dry or very alkaline.
- If growing in a pot, use a 50/50 mix of ericaceous and multipurpose compost if you can - although again don't worry overly about this.
- If planting in the garden, prepare a wide hole and loosen the soil with a fork, incorporating organic matter as needed to improve moisture retention and condition.
- Plant your Acer so that the top of the root ball is just slightly below ground level.
- Fill the planting hole with soil and heel well in. Water well.
Aftercare advice for your Acer:
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plant is well watered.
- Avoid exposed places as leaves can suffer with windburn (scorch), especially if the plant is dry.
- Allow your Japanese Maple to get used to a whole day in the sun by starting it off in the shade, then standing it in its final sunny spot (in pot or in the garden soil) for one hour longer every day for a week.
- Water regularly and deeply.
- Feed with our specialist Acer feed.
- Mulch every couple of years with well-rotted garden compost or well-rotted manure or leaf mould.
Pruning advice for your Acer 'Emerald Lace':
- Acers generally do not need pruning, just remove any branches that are dead or damaged.
February - November
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment