Acer Palmatum 'Garnet'
Delivery In 4 to 7 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- One of the easiest compact growing Acers for smaller gardens, pots and patios
- Has feathery leaves, which emerge in early spring a gorgeous burgundy red
- A slow growing, spreading tree with the perfect balanced habit
- Supplied as a 4 year old tree in a 3L pot
- Approximate dimensions: (H) 85 x (W) 25 x (D) 25
One of the best and easiest compact growing Acers for smaller gardens, pots and patios, this gorgeous red foliaged small tree offers so much interest throughout the year. The 'Dissectum' part of the name refers to the very feathery leaves, which emerge in early spring the most gorgeous burgundy red, and remain in deep colour all summer, turning redder still in autumn. A slow growing, spreading tree with the perfect balanced habit, it is great as a border specimen, or in a large pot, where it can remain for 10 years quite happily - and you can take it with you if you move house!. A great investment for any garden.
Planting Advice for your Acer palmatum 'Garnet':
- If your soil is slightly acidic, then you have the perfect conditions to grow Japanese maples - however do not worry if you have not as most can be grown in other soils as long as they are not wet, dry or very alkaline.
- If growing in a pot, use a 50/50 mix of ericaceous and multipurpose compost if you can - although again don't worry overly about this.
- If planting in the garden, prepare a wide hole and loosen the soil with a fork, incorporating organic matter as needed to improve moisture retention and condition.
- Plant your Acer so that the top of the root ball is just slightly below ground level.
- Fill the planting hole with soil and heel well in. Water well.
Aftercare advice for your Acer palmatum:
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plant is well watered.
- Avoid exposed places as leaves can suffer with windburn (scorch), especially if the plant is dry.
- Allow your Japanese Maple to get used to a whole day in the sun by starting it off in the shade, then standing it in its final sunny spot (in pot or in the garden soil) for one hour longer every day for a week.
- Water regularly and deeply.
- Feed with our specialist Acer feed.
- Mulch every couple of years with well-rotted garden compost or well-rotted manure or leaf mould.
Pruning advice for your Acer 'Garnet':
- Acers generally do not need pruning, just remove any branches that are dead or damaged.
March - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment