Acer palmatum Japanese Maples - 3x Established Plants
Delivery In 4 to 7 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- These stunning Acers are guaranteed to make an impact in your garden
- Fully hardy, the stunning foliage changes colour throughout the year
- Slow growing, making them ideal for growing in large pots or smaller gardens
- Deep burgundy-purple leaves that turn a brilliant shade of red as they fall
- Supplied as 3 x 2L potted plants
These stunning Acers are guaranteed to make an impact in your garden for years to come! Fully hardy even in the coldest winters they lose their leaves in winter, only to burst with incredible colour in spring. The stunning foliage changes colour throughout the year, producing an amazing array of colours in autumn. Acers are slow growing, making them ideal for growing in large pots or smaller gardens, where once planted, they are very easy to maintain, and reward you with gorgeous foliage displays for many years. They do well in light shade, as the brightest summer hot sun can scorch the paler coloured leaves occasionally.
Supplied as three established plants in a 2L pots, ready to pot up or plant out. One each of Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum' - classic deep burgundy-purple leaves that turn an even more brilliant shade of bright red in autumn. H to 4m but restricted to 1.5m (approx.) in a pot. Acer palmatum 'Katsura' AGM - pink edged, yellow-orange leaves from early spring. The canopy fades to green over summer, before erupting into an orange inferno in autumn. H 1.5m.Acer palmatum 'Emerald Lace' AGM - emerald-green leaves which change to dazzling, fiery shades of red and orange in the autumn. H 1.5m.
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated.
Planting Advice for your Acer palmatum mix:
- If your soil is slightly acidic, then you have the perfect conditions to grow Japanese maples - however do not worry if you have not as most can be grown in other soils as long as they are not wet, dry or very alkaline.
- If growing in a pot, use a 50/50 mix of ericaceous and multipurpose compost if you can - although again don't worry overly about this.
- If planting in the garden, prepare a wide hole and loosen the soil with a fork, incorporating organic matter as needed to improve moisture retention and condition.
- Plant your Acer so that the top of the root ball is just slightly below ground level.
- Fill the planting hole with soil and heel well in. Water well.
Aftercare advice for your palmatum:
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plant is well watered.
- Avoid exposed places as leaves can suffer with windburn (scorch), especially if the plant is dry.
- Allow your Japanese Maple to get used to a whole day in the sun by starting it off in the shade, then standing it in its final sunny spot (in pot or in the garden soil) for one hour longer every day for a week.
- Water regularly and deeply.
- Feed with our specialist Acer feed.
- Mulch every couple of years with well-rotted garden compost or well-rotted manure or leaf mould.
Pruning advice for your Acers:
- Acers generally do not need pruning, just remove any branches that are dead or damaged.
February - November
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment