Acer Shirasawanum 'Jordan' - Single Potted Plant
Delivery In 4 to 7 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- One plant with four different looks - each one unique for each season!
- Foliage colours transforms throughout the year
- This slow growing beauty has stunning and unique fan-shaped foliage.
- It is easy to grow and very hardy even in the coldest parts of the UK
- Supplied as a 3L potted plant approx. 40-50cm tall
Also known as the ‘Golden Full Moon’ Maple, Acer shirasawanum 'Jordan' is a slow-growing beauty with stunning, uniquely coloured, fan-shaped leaves. Starting with buttery-yellow leaves in the spring, in summer the tree's foliage transforms into a display of bright yellow/lime, before its leaves complete their transition to golden orange with red margins in the autumn. Small crimson flowers appear in summer as the tree matures, contrasting beautifully with the butter-yellow leaves. Perfect for any garden, it is easy to grow and very hardy even in the coldest parts of the UK. Suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience, you can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence, for stunning displays for many years to come. With a bushy, spreading habit, this golden Japanese Maple will reach around 4m x 4m metres in 20 years and thrives in moist, well-drained soil in dappled shade (although will also be fine in full sun if kept regularly watered).
Supplied as a 3L potted plant approx. 40-50cm tall, ready for immediate potting on or planting out.
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated. Leaf scorch can be caused by lack of soil moisture or excessive exposure.
Planting Advice for your Acer shirasawanum 'Jordan':
- If your soil is slightly acidic, then you have the perfect conditions to grow Japanese maples - however do not worry if you have not as most can be grown in other soils as long as they are not wet, dry or very alkaline.
- If growing in a pot, use a 50/50 mix of ericaceous and multipurpose compost if you can - although again don't worry overly about this.
- If planting in the garden, prepare a wide hole and loosen the soil with a fork, incorporating organic matter as needed to improve moisture retention and condition.
- Plant your Acer so that the top of the root ball is just slightly below ground level.
- Fill the planting hole with soil and heel well in. Water well.
Aftercare advice for your Acer shirasawanum:
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plant is well watered.
- Avoid exposed places as leaves can suffer with windburn (scorch), especially if the plant is dry.
- Allow your Japanese Maple to get used to a whole day in the sun by starting it off in the shade, then standing it in its final sunny spot (in pot or in the garden soil) for one hour longer every day for a week.
- Water regularly and deeply.
- Feed with our specialist Acer feed.
- Mulch every couple of years with well-rotted garden compost or well-rotted manure or leaf mould.
Pruning advice for your Acer 'Jordan':
- Acers generally do not need pruning, just remove any branches that are dead or damaged.
March - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment