Bay Tree Standard 70-80cm Tall - Single Bay Tree
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Add a stately look to your home with this beautiful Bay Tree
- They are easy to care for
- The leaves have a mouth-watering flavour
- Easy to maintain, these Bays enjoy moist but well-drained soil
- Supplied as a single Standard Bay Tree 70-80cm from the base of the pot
Add a stately look to your home with these beautiful Bay Trees. Bay Trees are easy to care for and look simply stunning in pots either side of a door or pathway. The lush foliage has a mouth-watering flavour and rich aroma and can be added to marinades or used to add depth to cooking all year long. A well-known and popular evergreen shrub, Laurus Nobilis (Sweet Bay) is a multipurpose garden plant which is totally at home both planted in the ground or presented in a pot. Besides looking good, bay is an essential ingredient in cooking and topiary specimens really lend themselves to growing in a kitchen garden or in a pot by the kitchen door. Bring the warm glow and bright colours of the Mediterranean into your garden without the cost of a plane ticket. Mediterranean plants are a good way to create a strong focal point that will have visitors talking about and admiring for a long time.
Supplied as a single bay tree at 70-80cm tall inc pot.
- Topiary is best trimmed with secateurs during summer to encourage a dense habit and to maintain a balanced shape. Prune new shoots to a bud facing in the direction of the desired growth.
- Bay trees will grow in any well-drained soil in a sunny position, and thrive in containers, as long as they are kept well-watered.
- Use a soil-based compost, such as John Innes No 2, with extra grit added to improve stability of the post and help drainage as bay roots dislike sitting in wet.
- Add controlled-release fertiliser granules to the pot or use a liquid feed every two week from mid-spring to late summer.
- Check plants and repot every two years in spring so that the soil does not become exhausted and stale.
- Bay can withstand temperatures down to -5°C, but frost and cold winter winds can damage the foliage so protect plants with fleece if temperatures are likely to fall below this. Similarly, pots can be wrapped in bubble wrap to protect them.
- Any damage caused by winter cold can be pruned out in the spring.
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment