Black Bamboo Phyllostachys Nigra - Single Mature Plant
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Grab your chance to get a very special plant at a very special price
- Turns a rich, coffee-black colour after only a year
- A wonderful spectacle and a great centrepiece for any outdoor space
- Very hardy
- Supplied as an established plant 80cm tall in a 2-litre pot
Black Bamboo is slow growing, and the canes turn a rich, coffee-black colour after a year or so. They will provide a wonderful spectacle and a great centrepiece and talking point. This mature, well-established plant will provide instant impact in a large pot (keep well-watered in summer; they are thirsty beasts), looking great on patios or decking, and requiring very little maintenance. Very hardy. Bring the warm glow and bright colours of the Mediterranean into your garden without the cost of a plane ticket. Mediterranean plants are a good way to create a strong focal point that will have visitors talking about and admiring for a long time.
Supplied as a mature plant in a 2L pot 80cm tall.
- Best planted in spring so that the food reserves in the rhizome are used to produce a good flush of fresh canes in summer.
- Before planting, dig over the ground and add well-rotted manure or garden compost.
- Dig a planting hole so that the rootball sits slightly lower, with 2-3cm (1in) of soil covering the original surface.
- Backfill the hole, taking care not to damage the young rhizomes, then water and mulch.
- Water regularly and ensure that bamboo plants in containers do not dry out even in winter as the foliage is prone to wind scorch.
- Give a high nitrogen feed in spring and apply a balanced fertiliser through the rest of the growing season until late August.
- New bamboo plants can be contained within a physical barrier to prevent them spreading through beds and borders.
- Divide the bamboo every couple of years.
- In spring, remove any weak, dead, damaged or spindly canes, cutting them to ground level with secateurs or loppers, at the same time remove any debris at the base of clumps.
- Smaller bamboos are ideal grown in a container at least 45cm (18in) across.
- In very cold weather, insulate containers with bubble wrap or move them to frost-free conditions.
February - November
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment