Californian Fuchsia Zauschneria Californica 'Glasnevin' - 6x Plug Plants
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- A stunning perennial plant bursting with vibrant red trumpet blooms
- Does well in dry, sun baked areas
- A highly desirable plant, it will light up your pots and borders with colour
- It’s low maintenance and easy to grow
- Supplied as 6 plug plants
Zauschneria californica 'Glasnevin', also known as the Californian fuchsia, is an award-winning perennial bursting with vibrant red trumpet blooms. Its fiery flowers are favoured by hummingbirds in its native North America, giving rise to its other, rather delightful name of the hummingbird trumpet flower. Thriving in sun baked, nutrient poor soil, it's perfectly adapted to our increasingly dry summers with its food storing roots and thin silvery leaves - ideal for conserving food and water. Highly desirable for the autumn garden, and to bring colour to gravel gardens, Zauschneria will light up your pots and borders with colour and being drought tolerant when established it’s low maintenance and easy to grow too. Plug plant perennials are a quick and easy way to achieve the look you want for your garden year after year! As they have been partially grown already, you can see how they will look and make landscaping your garden a breeze.
Supplied as 6 plug plants ready for potting up and growing on before planting out in the garden, this compact, clump-forming perennial reaches just 30cm (12in) high x 60cm (24in) wide.
- Treat plants very much like lavender or santolina and grow in poor, well drained soil in full sun.
Planting advice for your Zauschneria californica 'Glasnevin':
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour.
- If you can’t do this, they can sit in Mini Greenhouses for a week if upright and not too wet.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but they’ll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- When potting on, handle plugs carefully. Pot on using our 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays, using good multi-purpose compost.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry. They don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Leave to grow on for 4 weeks or so and plant out into their final positions when all risk of frost has passed.
- Plant in full sun with shelter from cold drying winds
Aftercare Advice for your Californian fuchsia:
- Well-drained, stony soil and full sun are essential; although hardy to -10°C, Zauschneria californica won't tolerate winter water-logging.
- If you have heavy soil, dig in plenty of horticultural grit to open it up or try growing a raised bed or planting into containers.
- Plants may suffer leaf damage and stem dieback in harsh winters but soon recover when the weather warms.
Pruning Advice for your Zauschneria 'Glasnevin':
- Clip plants in early spring to within 12-15cm (4-6in) of ground level - do this when the risk of frost has passed as very cold weather will inhibit regrowth.
February - November
July - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment