Camellia Japonica Collection - 3x Plants
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- One of the nation's favourite early spring plants
- Ideal for providing a bold splash of colour
- Easy to grow, the key to success is they need acidic soils - like Rhododendrons
- Their neat, shiny, tough leaves will provide a backdrop to other plants all year
- Supplied as three plants in 9cm pots ready for potting on or planting out
One of the nation's favourite early spring plants, Camellias are, when given the right conditions, very straightforward and problem free. Providing fabulous displays of flowers when almost every other plant is still asleep for winter, they’re ideal for providing a bold splash of colour when the garden is quite drab – plus they’re fabulous in pots where they can be moved to any part of your garden. The key to success with Camellias is they need acidic soils - like Rhododendrons. This means they can easily be grown in pots in ericaceous composts, and provided they are fed with specialist ericaceous feed, will provide many years of colour and interest. They are evergreen, and their neat, shiny, tough leaves will provide a backdrop to other plants all year. Flower buds start swelling late the previous summer, and keep getting bigger all autumn and winter, until they burst open in early spring. The flowers can be caught by frosts when they are opening, but the buds are generally fine, and the plant is 100% hardy and tough.
Supplied as three plants in 9cm pots ready for potting on or planting out, each Camellia collection contains one each of
Mikenjaku- Vivid, scarlet-red, semi-double blooms with a central crown of yellow stamens 3m x 2m. Fl Feb - April
Brushfield's Yellow - Creamy white, anemone-form blooms with a light-yellow tone to the centre of the flower.
- Early morning sun will damage frost-covered buds, so be sure to plant in dappled shade where the sun doesn't get to the plant until late morning.
- To prevent damage to the buds and flowers protect from cold, dry winds and early morning sun.
- Water established plants in dry weather to prevent bud drop, especially in the summer months when the buds are forming out of sight.
- Apply a balanced liquid fertiliser in mid-spring and again in June and mulch annually with shredded bark or well-rotted leaf mold.
- After flowering, lightly trim or prune any branches that spoil the appearance of the plant.
February - November
February - April
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment