Daphne 'Pink Fragrance'
Delivery In 7 To 9 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- This variety is compact and slow growing so it is perfect for smaller gardens
- It's a semi-evergreen variety, which produces flowers on new growth
- Pink Fragrance's' blooms are perfumed beautifully
- Perfect in pots and containers but just as happy planted direct into the ground
- Height and spread 90 cm (3ft). Supplied approx. 25 cm tall in a 2L pot.
What could be better than the sweet, heady fragrance of a daphne in the garden! Recently introduced to UK gardens, this daphne is a superb alternative to the popular 'Eternal Fragrance' and will provide you with flowers for months on end– often right up to autumn. 'Pink Fragrance's' perfumed blooms are produced in abundance from April until October every year and being a compact and slow-growing variety' it's perfect for smaller gardens or for growing in a container on your decking or patio. One of the remarkable things about this beautiful semi-evergreen is that rather unusually for a daphne, it produces flowers on new growth, meaning the lovely pink blooms just keep on coming right through the summer. Grow it in a pot and place on the patio or near a garden path so you can fully enjoy the delightful scent. Height and spread 90 cm (3ft). Supplied approx. 20 cm tall in a 9cm pot.
- Grown for their beautiful and intensely fragrant blooms, daphnes are best planted near paths and doorways or at the front of borders where it is easy to enjoy their delicious fragrance when in flower.
- Plants will thrive in a sunny or part-shaded location in fertile, well-drained soil. They don't like dry roots, so water regularly and deeply.
- Daphne will establish best if planted in the spring when the soil is warm – March/April and Sept/Oct.
- Dig a hole twice the width of the rootball. Sprinkle in a handful of blood, fish and bone and work into the ground.
- If your soil is heavy, add plenty of well-rotted compost to the area and dig it in well. Horticultural sand/grit added to the mix is also beneficial.
- Place the plant into the hole, backfilling so that it is at the same depth as was in the pot. Fill around the rootball and firm the soil down gently but firmly.
- Water well.
- Grafted plants should be planted with the join a couple of centimetres below the soil level.
- Where necessary after flowering, lightly trim to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit; otherwise, a quick clear-up of fallen leaves will suffice.
April - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment