Dianthus Garden Pleasure Collection - 12x Plants
Delivery In 7 To 9 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- New for 2021!
- Heavily scented, large double flowers
- Compact and ideal for growing in smaller gardens
- Perfect for patio pots and balcony displays and superb cut flowers
- Supplied as 12 x plants, 2 each of 6 varieties
Instantly recognisable, garden pinks (Dianthus) are one of the hardest working and reliable plants that you can get, producing masses of fragrant ruffled flowers. Blooming reliably all summer - often well into the autumn months - they will fill your garden with vibrant colour and their sweet clove-like scent on warm evenings. Garden Pleasures is a range of compact garden pinks that are heavily perfumed and will produce large, double blooms in a range of sumptuous colours throughout the summer. Ideal for growing in pots, and perfect for sunny beds or patio pots and containers. The richly-coloured blooms are held on sturdy stems above neat cushions of slender, leaves, making pinks not only a fabulous garden 'doer' but also superb and long-lasting as cut flowers for you to bring in and enjoy indoors, where their intoxicating scent will fill your rooms. Plug plant perennials are a quick and easy way to achieve the look you want for your garden year after year! As they have been partially grown already, you can see how they will look and make landscaping your garden a breeze.
Supplied as a collection of 12 plants, two each of the following varieties:
- 'Lady Margo' bicoloured magenta flowers with a contrasting white edge.
- 'Rosy Rosalyn' bicoloured ruby red flowers with a contrasting pink edge.
- 'Aunt Agatha' bicoloured deep burgundy flowers with a striking white edge.
- 'Mrs Coho' bicoloured salmon pink flowers with a edged in pink.
- 'Queen Helene' rich coral pink flowers.
- 'Blushing Bride' bright pink flowers
- Regular deadheading will ensure flowers right up to the first frosts.
- For most jumbo plug plant collections, the “mini Greenhouse” they are packed in will have a label on the outside, listing the individual varieties inside. We recommend writing your own labels out on receipt!
- Give your plugs a little attention on arrival - unpack them immediately, and either mist them or stand them in water for an hour - they may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but they’ll quickly recover.
- If you can’t do this, they can sit in Mini Greenhouses for a week if upright and not too wet.
- We recommend that you leave them to settle for a day somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- When you're ready to pot on, use a good quality, multi-purpose compost, and fill 3-4in pots (7-10cm).
- Make a hole in the compost with a dibber or your finger, then holding each plug by its root ball, place it into the hole and gently firm the compost around it.
- For great results, we recommend using our Windowsill Planters or 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry as they don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Grow on either on a bright windowsill or a greenhouse for 3-4 weeks before potting up into containers or into flower beds.
- If planting directly into flower beds when all risk of frost has passed, prepare the ground well, removing weeds and digging in some compost or well-rotted manure if your soil is not already rich.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more blooms.
February - November
May - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment