Foxglove Digitalis 'Illumination Flame' - 6x Jumbo Plug Plants
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Produces striking flame-pink tubular flowers for months on end
- Irresistible to bees and other beneficial wildlife
- Easy to grow, and perfect for planting in those tricky, slightly shaded spots
- Plants have a naturally branching habit for more blooms
- Supplied as 6 x jumbo plug plants ready to pot on or plant out
Foxgloves hold a special place in the hearts of many gardeners and this remarkable variety is rapidly becoming one of the garden-designers’ darlings, with their stately spires cropping up in all of the latest contemporary gardens. Digitalis Foxglove ‘Illumination Flame’ is an absolutely stunning perennial, producing multiple spikes of tubular blooms that will, simply, take your breath away. The striking flame-coloured tubular flowers are lightly speckled and shimmer faintly when illuminated by the sun giving real impact to any garden. Produced in abundance from early June to October they’re magnets to furry bumble bees and other beneficial pollinating insects. Relatively compact compared to other foxgloves, ‘Illumination Flame’ is sterile which means that they will put all of their energy into making more blooms and don't make a nuisance of themselves by seeding everywhere. Plus, they have a naturally branching habit, which results in lots of flower spikes, makes these one of the showier varieties. Plug plant perennials are a quick and easy way to achieve the look you want for your garden year after year! As they have been partially grown already, you can see how they will look and make landscaping your garden a breeze.
Supplied as 6 x jumbo plug plants ready to pot on or plant out. Grows to H100cm x W50cm.
- Faded flowers can be cut to the base to encourage a further flush of blooms
Planting Advice for Digitalis 'Illumination Flame':
- On receipt, unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour.
- If you can’t do this, they can sit in their mini greenhouse for a week if upright and not too wet.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but they’ll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- Pot up plugs and grow them on in warm, frost free conditions until all risk of frost has passed. Alternatively, plant them where they are to flower when all risk of frost has passed - plants are best grown in light shade in fertile soil.
- When potting on, handle plugs carefully. Pot on using our 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays, using good multi-purpose compost.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry. They don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
Aftercare advice for foxgloves:
- After flowering, cut back the main spikes to encourage a second flowering. Cut back to the ground completely after flowering to promote healthy, vigorous growth.
- Although hardy, protect from frost with a thick layer of mulch.
March - June
June - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment