Hardy Hosta Collection
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Available in a wide range of colours and forms
- Form mounds of attractive, often colourful foliage
- Also known as Plantain Lilies, they love the sun but will perform well in shade
- Their attractive foliage creates interest all year round
- Supplied as a mix of 3 plants in 9cm pots - Blue Angel, Albopicta and Wide Brim
Hostas are one of the best perennials here in UK gardens, forming mounds of attractive, often colourful foliage, which is topped with sprays of bell-shaped flowers in summer. Growing virtually anywhere, and particularly valuable for those awkward shady spots, they are available in a wide range of colours and forms to suit any garden. Also known as Plantain Lilies, Hostas are great for filling gaps in beds and borders, and they also look fabulous planted up in patio pots and containers separately for a more formal look. Their attractive foliage creates interest all year round and their stunning, often fragrant flowers really wow in the summer. They love the sun but will perform just as well in the shade - they're a great choice for planting underneath trees and shrubs in dabbled shade, acting as great groundcover plants. We've put together a great collection for you, featuring three of the best types (and some holders of the RHS Award of Garden Merit) in a good selection of colours to give the best display in your garden, whether in the border or in pots. This collection includes a mixture of 3 varieties Hosta 'Blue Angel'(AGM) forms a clump of wavy-edged, large blue-grey leaves. Bell-shaped, pale lavender-white are produced from June. One of the largest and most reliable of the Blue hostas. H75-80cm (30-32in) W90-120cm (35-47in).Hosta fortunei var. albopicta has broad, creamy-yellow, heart-shaped leaves with contrasting green margins. Mauve flowers are borne on leafy stems in July. H45-55cm (18-21in) W80-100cm (31-39in).Hosta 'Wide Brim' (AGM) heart-shaped, puckered dark green-blue leaves with a cream margin. Pale lavender flowers in June-July. H40-45cm (16-18in) W80-100cm (31-39in).Please note that we reserve the right to substitute varieties, depending on seasonal availability.
- For best effect, plant where your hostas receive full sun for at least half of the day, but protect from midday sun. This will encourage the best leaf colour.
- Before planting, incorporate plenty of organic matter into the soil. Hostas prefer a rich, moisture retentive soil.
- Individually knock out each plant from its container. Look at the roots – if they are circling around the compost, it is best to tease them out. To do this, push your fingers into the root ball along the bottom edge and pull. Do this in a couple of places. This should encourage the roots to spread into the surrounding soil.
- Next use a trowel or spade to create a hole just deep and wide enough to set in the football.
- The aim is to bury just the roots, leaving the bases of the stems (when in growth in summer) or the shoots (in spring) above ground.
- Firm back around the soil, using your hand for small clumps and your heel on larger areas.
- Keep plants well-watered and mulched with well-rotted organic matter.
- Hostas can be grown in any container in a good, multi-purpose compost. Ensure that they are kept well-watered. Pot-grown hostas should be fed monthly with a general-purpose liquid feed.
- Protect from slugs and snails.
- If you find that your hosta is suffering from scorched leaves, move it to a shadier, more sheltered position.
June - July
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment