Hydrangea Paniculata 'Hercules' - Single Established Plant
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- XXL green-white flowers suffused with pink
- Blooms up to 40cm across make ideal cut flowers
- Extremely hardy and reliable
- Easy to grow in mixed borders and large containers
- Supplied as an established plant in a 12cm pot
Just like the legendary Greek hero famed for his strength and endurance, Hydrangea Hercules will excel in your garden with a display of strength and endurance, rewarding you with an exuberant display of power. A typical paniculata type, Hercules erupts into bloom from July with enormous XXL-sized blooms that are held aloft on strong, upright stems right up to the first frosts. The massive panicles of starry flowers, each a subtle green white, develop a rosy hue as they age, adding a multi-tonal effect to your garden. Impressive in both size and strength, the large branches thrust upwards through mixed borders and erupt into bloom with sprays up to 40cm in length, standing proud against its neighbours. Perfect for cutting, the magnificent 40cm+ blooms make elegant cut flowers, and will last well into autumn if left on the plant to shine wondrously in the autumn frosts. Exceptionally hardy, Hercules stands up to the British weather with ease and will shrug off temperatures as low as -30C plus it’s incredibly easy to grow, giving great results for any level of gardener and not even needing a massive garden - they're just as happy in a container on a balcony or terrace.
Supplied as an established plant in a 12cm pot, ready to plant out. H2m x W2m. Flowers July - October.
- Hydrangeas do not like to dry out. In dry weather, if your plant wilts, soak the roots with a hose and the plant will usually recover, and in any case, water regularly until plants are fully established.
Planting Advice for Hydrangea paniculata 'Hercules':
- Really low maintenance, ‘Hercules’ prefers compost-enriched soil that stays moist. It can be planted in sun or light shade.
- Shrub roots generally tend to spread out rather than down, so dig a planting hole 3 x wider than the roots of the shrub you're planting and mix some well-rotted compost or manure with the soil from the hole and use this to re-fill one the shrub is in place.
- Before planting soak container-grown shrubs thoroughly and allow to drain.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help plants establish quicker.
- Place your shrub in the hole at the same level at the pot.
- Refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling) and firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball, then water well.
- Mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
- If you're planting into pots, place some old rocks, stones or gravel in the bottom of the pot for drainage and ballast.
- Use the best compost you can buy and some sand or grit for drainage.
Aftercare Advice for your hydrangea Hercules:
- Because the flowers are white, they are unaffected by soil type.
- Feed in spring to encourage flowering, our Hydrangea feed is ideal.
- Keep well-watered through the year.
Pruning Advice for Hydrangea Hercules:
- As this hydrangea flowers on new wood, you can leave the faded hydrangea flower heads in place until the new buds begin to swell in spring – this also protects the new growth from frost damage.
- Just cut back the stems to a strong pair of buds. Remove any branches that are damaged or dead as well as any that are misplaced.
- After pruning hydrangeas, apply a mulch of well-rotted manure or compost around the base of the plant.
- Once established, you can remove up to a third of the shoots to the base of the plant to encourage new stems.
February - November
July - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment