Imperata 'Red Baron' - Blood Grass
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Amazing blood red leaf blades in Summer and Autumn
- Makes a real feature in borders and gardens - long season low maintenance colour
- Hardy, so will come back year after year, but dies back underground each Winter
- Supplied as a set of 3 plants in 9cm pots at 20cm tall
- Approximate dimensions: (H) 33 x (W) 10 x (D) 32
Crank up the heat in the garden with this fiery deciduous grass. Slowly growing into large clumps, Red Baron boasts 50cm long leaves that are green near the base turning more intensively red towards its tips. Equally at home in semi-shade as it is full sun, this grass is great for making a statement in pots or can be grown alongside perennials or other grasses in beds. If you really want to make an impact, plant it end-masse, in swathes or as an edging plant alongside a path. Dead easy to look after water it occasionally, especially in pots, and cut plants to ground level when they start to wither later in the year or before new growth appears in spring.
- These ornamental grasses are deciduous, cut back stems close to ground level from late February through to the end of March before new growth starts.
- Before planting, prepare the soil by digging over and removing any weeds. Incorporate some well-rotted manure to enrich the soil if necessary.
- When planting a number of perennials, arrange them on the surface so you can see how they will look before planting.
- Individually knock out each plant from its container. Look at the roots – if they are circling around the compost, it is best to tease them out. To do this, push your fingers into the rootball along the bottom edge and pull. Do this in a couple of places. This should encourage the roots to spread into the surrounding soil.
- Next use a trowel or spade to create a hole just deep and wide enough to set in the rootball.
- The aim is to bury just the roots, leaving the bases of the stems (when in growth in summer) or the shoots (in spring) above ground.
- Firm back around the soil, using your hand for small clumps and your heel on larger areas.
- Water in well to settle the soil and prevent desiccation.
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment