Lavender Hidcote - 10x Hedging Plants
Delivery In 4 to 7 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Nothing beats the sight and smell of an English Lavender hedge in full flower
- A mecca for bees, which do vital pollination work in gardens
- The classic hedging plant for decoration and long season interest
- For hedging, plant 25cm apart (10'')
- Supplied as a pack of 10 plants in 9cm pots
The Classic hardy English Lavender for hedging, these fabulous multi-trimmed plants are the ideal start point combining value with performance. Big enough to plant out all year, and will flower in first season too, yet great value. Plant about 25cm (10in) apart for a dense continuous Lavender hedge which will fill out in 2 seasons, for that iconic look along pathways, driveways or lawn edges. Also great with several in large pots too. The flowers are great for cutting and drying too in Summer, and are a mecca for bees.
- In late summer, clip the plants back lightly after the flowers have faded. Cut the stems back by a few inches, but not so far that the stems are bare of live foliage, and plants will then have time to produce new shoots before winter dormancy.
- This drought-tolerant plant thrives in a sunny border, container, herb or gravel gardens.
- Best planted between April and May when the soil is warming up, lavender thrives in most free-draining soils in full sun. Heavier soils should have some grit added to improve drainage and to open them up.
- Space plants 90cm (3ft) apart, or if growing a hedge, 30cm (1ft) apart or, 45cm (18in) for larger cultivars.
- Lavender can be grown in large pots, 30-40cm (1ft-16in) diameter, using a multipurpose or loam-based compost such as JI No 3, with some extra coarse grit, (up to 30%), to improve drainage, along with some controlled release fertiliser granules.
- Ensure that the compost is regularly watered in summer, although for improved cold tolerance, kept on the dry side during winter by standing in a cold greenhouse or in the rain shadow of walls.
March - August
June - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment