Lingonberry Vaccinium Vitis-Idaea 'Miss Cherry' - Single Established Plant
Delivery In 7 To 9 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- A relative of the cranberry with tart red fruits
- Productive and reliable and suited for growing in the UK
- An attractive, evergreen variety with abundant blossom
- Compact and perfect for containers as well as the fruit garden
- Supplied as an established plant in a 2L pot
While closest to the cranberry in looks, lingonberries are way more productive and reliable with more robust growth that makes them a better option. Perfect for containers as well as the fruit garden - just plant them in a sunny or semi shaded place in ericaceous soil and get ready to enjoy the harvest from late July. Bush fruit gives you the chance to grow your own fruit in a smaller area. It is also easier to harvest as on a lower level than trees.
Supplied as an established plant in a 2L pot, ready for immediate planting.
- Plants should be watered with rain water. If you need to use tap water, then use in conjunction with an ericaceous fertilizer which will neutralise any lime present and will replenish nutrients in pot-grown specimens.
- Although self-fertile and able to produce a good crop on their own, lingonberries will yield much more heavily if planted near another plant.
- Plant in well-drained, acidic soil in a sunny, sheltered spot.
- If your garden soil has a pH over 5.5, your Lingonberry is best grown in a pot, in ericaceous soil. Keep it well-watered - don’t allow the soil to dry out.
- Water Lingonberries with rainwater if you can as tap water will gradually raise pH levels.
- Feed every month with a liquid fertiliser for ericaceous (lime-hating) plants.
- If growing Lingonberries in the garden, add plenty of organic matter such as pine needles or composted conifer clippings. Avoid farmyard manure as it will scorch the roots.
- Pruning is rarely needed – just take out any damaged, dead, and diseased wood as necessary
February - November
May - July
July - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment