Loropetalum 'EverRed' Chinese Witch Hazel
Delivery In 4 to 7 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Produces the most spectacular firework-like flowers for 6 months of the year
- It's perfect for adding amazing autumn and winter interest to your garden
- It's great in containers and pots on the patio
- Slow growing and spreading it's a very easy shrub to maintain.
- Supplied as a 2 year old plant in a 2L pot in leaf and ready to plant
An unsung hero of the garden, the ‘EverRed’ variety of Loropetalum, or Chinese Witch Hazel, enhances its beauty even more. Perfect for autumn and winter colour in the garden, ‘EverRed’ has very deep magenta red ribbon-like flowers that erupt like sparklers for six whole months from October right through to March! The stunning flowers contrast against the deepest purple, evergreen foliage that lasts all year round. Great in containers, it is slow growing and spreading so is very easy to manage and maintain. A great all-rounder, ‘EverRed’ is a shade lover that will thrive in gaps in beds and borders but it will also tolerate full sun if you want to plant up in a pot and place on the patio for a real feature! Does besting cool, well-drained spots -avoid wet roots in winter.
- Avoid full sun and wet feet in winter.
- Although hardy to -10°C, young leaves can be damaged by frost, although they will grow back. Provide protection if frost threatens to prevent damage.
- Grow in a sheltered area in sun or light dappled shade. South to south-west facing is ideal.
- Loropetalum prefers a slightly acidic, humus-rich soil that retains moisture so add ericaceous compost to the planting hole or grow in a container.
- Keep well-watered.
- Like clematis, Chinese witch hazel likes to have cool roots, so grow it were the roots are likely to be shaded, such as among perennials or cover the area with a thick mulch of gravel.
- In the colder parts of the country (i.e. where temperatures are likely to drop below -10C), Loropetalum should be treated as tender and kept in a large terracotta container that can be brought in for the winter.
February - November
October - March
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment