Patio Lavatera Mallow 'Barnsley Baby'
Delivery In 7 To 9 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Very compact, yet incredibly floriferous
- Summer-long displays every year
- Produces more flowers, over a longer season, than any other variety
- Very easy to grow, totally hardy
- Supplied as 3 plants in 9cm pots - (plants will die back in winter months)
The perfect softest powder pink patio shrub, Lavatera 'Barnsley baby' has taken the huge flower power of it's vigorous cousins, and focussed it all on a much smaller and naturally compact form. It is very easy to grow, very tough and robust in rain and shine, and in summer produces lovely candyfloss pink flower displays that smother the plant, as the strings of buds open from bottom to top of each and every stem. Perfect in 20-30cm patio pots, simply keep watered and fed monthly, and cut back once a year before new growth starts - a very low maintenance but high reward plant indeed.
- Mallows can be slow to show signs of life in early spring, so you'll need a little more patience than normal before it returns to bud - don't worry it's a late riser!
Planting Advice for Lavetera 'Barnsley baby':
- Grow in full sun in moist, well-drained soil. Alternatively, can be grown successfully in a pot.
- Before planting, prepare the soil by digging over and removing any weeds.
- Individually knock out each plant from its container. Look at the roots – if they are circling around the compost, it is best to tease them out. To do this, push your fingers into the rootball along the bottom edge and pull. Do this in a couple of places. This should encourage the roots to spread into the surrounding soil.
- Next use a trowel or spade to create a hole just deep and wide enough to set in the rootball.
- The aim is to bury just the roots, leaving the bases of the stems (when in growth in summer) or the shoots (in spring) above ground.
- Firm back around the soil, using your hand for small clumps and your heel on larger areas.
- Water in well to settle the soil and prevent desiccation.
Aftercare Advice for your Tree Mallow 'Barnsley Baby':
- Please note that plants will die back over the winter months, emerging from the soil again in the spring.
- Your mallow will need regular water when first planted until established. After that, they fairly maintenance free.
- Feed plants regularly during the growing season with a general purpose feed such as our Blooming Fast soluble fertiliser.
Pruning Advice for Barnsley Baby:
- Pruning lavatera is best undertaken in spring when all risk of frost has passed and new buds are swelling.
- Prune all stems back to about 30cm (12in) above ground level.
March - October
July - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment