Peony 'Many Happy Returns' - Single Bare Root Plant
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Huge, luxurious passionate red double flowers
- Fabulous cut flowers with strong stems
- Returns year after year, totally hardy
- Easy to grow and require very little maintenance
- Supplied as a single large bare root for immediate planting
Requiring very little maintenance, peonies are much easier to grow and flower than many people believe and with straight and strong stems, they're absolutely perfect for cutting, so you can enjoy their long-lasting display indoors. A truly stunning variety, 'Many Happy Returns' explodes into colour in June when masses of huge, fragrant and luxurious double red flowers - that can easily reach 17cm (7in) across - erupt above its lush dark green leaves. Bare root perennials are already full-sized plants, allowing you to enjoy good growth and crop in the first year. No need to wait as long to see your favourite blooms which will return year after year.
Supplied as a bare root for immediate planting.
- Don't plant too deep as peonies need to be chilled in winter and baked in the summer for the best flowers - the eyes of the peony roots should be no more than 3-5cm below the soil surface.
- Planting your Peony 'Many Happy Returns'
- Despite the myths that surround them, peonies are easy to grow.
- As a hardy perennial, the plant dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Ideally, plant in the autumn while the ground is still warm or in the spring as it warms up. Plant in full sun or light shade in heavy, well-draining, fertile soil. There’s no need to add additional compost unless your soil is really poor.
- Dig a planting hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Set the crown with buds 3-5cm (1-2in) below ground-level. Backfill with soil and water in thoroughly.
- Peonies can tolerate drought quite well, but they need plenty of water if they are to flower well.
- Plant your peonies in soil that drains well. Clay is fine as long as it doesn't stay wet.
- Pruning your Peony:
- If you want really big flowers, de-bud the side shoots in April/May with a sharp knife. Remove spent flower heads after blooming to keep your peony pretty all summer long.
- Dead stems can be removed in late autumn.
March - April
September - October
June - July
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment