This Product Is Discontinued And No Longer Available For Purchase
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- The UK's most popular plum variety by far
- Produces gorgeous fruit
- Because it is self-fertile, it does not need a pollinator
- Supplied as a 80-100cm tall, grower quality, multi-branched tree
- Grown on a dwarfing rootstock Will grow to approx. 2m (6-7 ft) in 10 years
The delicious fruits are ready to pick each July and taste simply mouth-watering when eaten straight from the tree. With the remaining fruit you can make jams and preserves, and, of course, eat them stewed with custard. Victoria really has stood the test of time – undoubtedly because of its sublime flavour and productivity. A fully established tree of this self-fertile variety will produce up to 100lb of fruit in a bumper season. Growing fruit tress enhances the well-being of the environment and that of you and your family. Crops of fresh, heathy fruit right on your doorstep while replenishing the tree population and reducing plastic consumption. Grown on a dwarfing rootstock, approximately 80-100cm tall upon arrival.
- Add Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi to give your plants a head start and establish more quickly.
- Apply a slow-release fertiliser such as blood, fish and bone in early spring, and mulch to retain moisture.
- For the biggest, juiciest plums, thin the fruits in May by removing some of the smaller, immature fruits. Then in July, while the plums are still hard, remove any that are damaged or diseased or touching others.
- Water regularly, and don't let the soil dry out if planted in pots.
- Hang wasp traps in trees and harvest crops as soon as they ripen. Avoid leaving windfalls or over-ripe fruit on the ground.
- Prune trees in late in July when they're in full growth. For young trees, take back the new upright growth by about a third. For older, mature trees, remove any dead, diseased or dying branches and then prune the older branches hard to promote productivity, aiming for an overall goblet shape.
April - May
September - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment