Rose 'Comte de Chambord' - Single Freshly Potted Plant
Delivery In 4 to 7 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- An outstanding rose that is almost 100 years old
- Gorgeous fully double lilac pink flowers are simply rammed with petals.
- Producing huge 10cm (4in) blooms with superb fragrance throughout summer.
- A real winner. Ht 1.2m x 1m.
- Supplied as freshly potted, professional quality well-branched bushes
An outstanding rose that is almost 100 years old, so has proven a success for many years, and demonstrates that not all of the best roses need be new breeding! Gorgeous fully double, lilac pink flowers are simply rammed with petals, producing huge 10cm (4in) highly fragrant blooms repeatedly all summer. A real winner. Ht 1.2m x 1m.
Supplied as a freshly potted, British grown, professional quality plant.
- All of our freshly potted roses are field grown and dug up and potted when the weather conditions are right in October or November, just as the plants are entering their winter dormancy, which helps keep the roots hydrated and in good condition. The roses can be kept in their pots throughout the winter provided they are kept well fed and watered, however ideally, they should planted out as soon as possible. Because plants are dormant throughout the winter, they do not produce any new roots until spring, so don't be alarmed if the compost falls away from the roots when you take them out of their pots. They will already have been cut back so no further pruning will be required, apart from removing any tips that have died back.
- To prune, just remove any dead, dying, damaged and diseased stems and also deadhead regularly. Traditionally, you would cut just above a leaf joint with a sloping cut away from the bud, however, this isn't necessary, and don’t worry about pruning too much - roses are very resilient and will grow back.
- When pruning, make sure that your secateurs are clean and sharp to prevent squashing stems and introducing disease.
- Add mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help the plant establish quicker.
- Roses can be planted at any time of the year, as long as the soil is not frozen, waterlogged or drought-dry. Plant your rose where it can get plenty of sun for at least half of the day, and where it will be sheltered from the wind.
- Roses tolerate wide range of soils but thrive in deep, humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil, so add plenty of well-rotted manure into the hole if necessary and plant so that the graft union (the swollen area when the stems meet the roots) is around 3cm below soil level.
- Water well every other day - daily if the weather is hot and dry. Established roses can be watered around once a week through spring and summer - more if the weather is hot.
- For best results, feed roses in late-March/April and again in late July.
October - April
May - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment