Sevenbark Hydrangea Arborescens Candybelle Bubblegum - Single Established Plant
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Huge, dramatic heads of large, salmon-pink flowers
- A stunning focal plant in winter as the flowerheads sparkle with frost
- Really easy to grow with sturdy branches and a compact habit
- An invaluable addition to the mixed or shrub border
- Supplied as an established plant in a 12cm pot
An award-winning hydrangea, Hydrangea arborescens Candy belle Bubble-gum has large domes of light salmon-pink flowers that will delight everyone who sees them. The perfect plant to attract attention to your garden, and deserving pride of place in your designs, this addition to the popular 'Annabelle' series of hydrangeas has the same dramatic flowerheads but with an added bonus - gorgeous, colour-changing, bubble-gum-pink blossom. Hydrangeas are definitely in vogue at the moment, where their showy blooms make for the perfect cut flowers both fresh and dried - after the flowers have faded and fallen, a skeleton of fine filigree remains to catch the frost and sparkle in the low winter sunshine - adding to its year-round interest. Fully hardy to -25C and really easy to grow this is a great plant for a those new to gardening. 'Candy belle’ blooms on new wood, unlike older varieties so there's no complicated pruning - it'll continue to bloom year on year, all throughout the summer, regardless of pruning or extreme weather. An invaluable addition to the mixed or shrub border - as well as a large patio pot - this is a hydrangea that you don't want to be without.
Supplied as an established plant in a 12cm pot. H80cm x W90cm. flowers July to September.
- Hydrangeas do not like to dry out. In dry weather, if your plant wilts, soak the roots with a hose and the plant will usually recover, and in any case, water regularly until plants are fully established.
Planting Advice for Hydrangea Candybelle Bubblegum:
- Really low maintenance, Candybelle prefers compost-enriched soil that stays moist. It can be planted in sun or light shade.
- Shrub roots generally tend to spread out rather than down, so dig a planting hole 3 x wider than the roots of the shrub you're planting and mix some well-rotted compost or manure with the soil from the hole and use this to re-fill one the shrub is in place.
- We've found that a square hole is better than a round one as the new roots, once they reach the edges tend to grow in a circle round the circumference of the hole whereas when they reach the corners of a square hole, they find it easier to grow through.
- Before planting soak container-grown shrubs thoroughly and allow to drain.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help plants establish quicker.
- Place your shrub in the hole at the same level at the pot.
- Refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling) and firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball, then water well.
- Mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
- If you're planting into pots, place some old rocks, stones or gravel in the bottom of the pot for drainage and ballast. Use the best compost you can buy and some sand or grit for drainage.
Care Advice for your hydrangea:
- Feed in spring to encourage flowering, our Hydrangea feed is ideal.
- Keep well-watered through the year.
Pruning Advice for Hydrangea arborescens:
- As this hydrangea flowers on new wood, you can leave the faded hydrangea flower heads in place until the new buds begin to swell in spring – this also protects the new growth from frost damage.
- Just cut back the stems to a strong pair of buds. Remove any branches that are damaged or dead as well as any that are misplaced.
- After pruning hydrangeas, apply a mulch of well-rotted manure or compost around the base of the plant.
- Once established, you can remove up to a third of the shoots to the base of the plant to encourage new stems.
February - November
July - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment