Snowberry Symphoricarpus Doorenbosii 'Magical Candy' - Single Established Plant
Delivery In 4 to 7 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Masses of round pink berries in the autumn, which contract with the leaves
- Berries that stay on the bush after the leaves have fallen
- Ideal to liven up your winter borders, easy to grow, and tolerant of light shade
- A haven for wildlife such as nesting birds and pollinating insects
- Supplied as an established plant in a 3L pot, ready for immediate planting
Commonly known as the snowberry, Symphoricarpus produces masses of round berries in the autumn, which cover the plants like little beads. 'Magical Candy' goes one step further than the more usual white variety and will delight with its jewel-like pink candy fruits. A member of the honeysuckle family, this deciduous shrub produces succulent berries that often stay on the bush after the leaves have fallen, giving a definite festive feel to the plants as they enter their winter dormancy. If you're looking for an attractive plant to liven up your borders, then this is the ideal plant for you! Blooming in summer, the snowberry produces sprays of dainty pink blooms that are a favourite for early pollinators. Easy to grow, Symphoricarpus will thrive in a sunny spot, and is also tolerant of light shade. It spreads by suckering, quickly forming a dense thicket that provides a haven for wildlife such as nesting birds and insects, making invaluable for a low hedge.
Supplied as an established plant in a 3L pot, ready for immediate planting.
- Plants can be cut back hard if overgrown and leggy and will quickly recover.
Planting Advice for Pink Snowberry:
- Dig a planting hole 3 x wider than the roots of the shrub you're planting and mix some well-rotted compost or manure with the soil from the hole and use this to re-fill once the shrub is in place.
- We've found that a square hole is better than a round one as the new roots, once they reach the edges tend to grow in a circle round the circumference of the hole whereas when they reach the corners of a square hole, they find it easier to grow through.
- Before planting soak container-grown shrubs thoroughly and allow to drain.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help plants establish quicker.
- Place your shrub in the hole at the same level at the pot then refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling).
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball, and water well
Aftercare advice for 'Magical Candy' Snowberry:
- Keep plants well-watered until established.
Pruning Advice for Snowberry:
- Prune regularly to remove diseased and damaged parts of the shrub, remembering that pruning after flowering will remove the berries.
- Remove suckers as they appear.
February - June
August - November
June - August
September - November
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment