Verbena Boanriensis - 12x Plug Plants
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Produces beautiful flower cluster
- Holder of an RHS Award of Garden Merit
- One of the longest-lasting plants in the garden
- Ideal as a filler in the garden
- Supplied as 12 x plug plants ready for potting on
Tightly packed clusters of small, purple flowers are produced in abundance and carried on tall, willowy stems from summer to autumn, adding a sophisticated grace to planting schemes. Also known as Argentinian vervain, it is one of the longest-lasting plants in the garden, with flower heads persisting right into the depths of winter, providing much needed interest. Ideal as a filler in borders, it is 'transparent', allowing other plants to shine through, and one of the best plants around to add structure to the border and attract a host of pollinating insects to the garden - probably why garden designers love it so much. Reliably hardy and very easy to grow and suitability for UK gardens and gardeners - whatever their level of experience. Plug plant perennials are a quick and easy way to achieve the look you want for your garden year after year! As they have been partially grown already, you can see how they will look and make landscaping your garden a breeze.
Supplied as 12 x plug plants ready for potting on.
- Leave faded flower heads on the plant over winter, to provide structure in the garden as well as shelter for hibernating insects.
- When potting on (“pricking out”), handle plugs carefully.
- For plug plants in trays, push them out using a suitable small instrument through the hole in the bottom of each cell – e.g. a “dibber” or a pencil.
- Pot on using our Windowsill planters or 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays, using good multi-purpose compost.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry - they don’t like to be left in standing water.
- When planting out, grow in well-drained, moderately fertile soil in full sun. In cold areas, protect with a dry winter mulch.
- Verbena bonariensis can suffer dieback in harsh winters if cut back in autumn, so it's best to leave the plant until spring and cut back the old growth when you see the new shoots emerging at the base.
March - June
June - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment