Blackcurrant 'Titania' - Single Established Plant
This Product Is Discontinued And No Longer Available For Purchase
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Grow your own tasty blackcurrants with this heavy cropping variety
- Bursting with flavour and Vitamin C
- Compact and ideal for small gardens
- The juicy blackcurrants ripen in strings
- Easy to grow
A heavy cropping, large fruited, modern variety that ripens from July through to August. Grow your own delicious blackcurrants from your patio! Bursting with flavour and Vitamin C, blackcurrant 'Titania' has a rich, tart flavour that makes it ideal for cooking and for using as a purée. Add it to yoghurt or ice cream, or use in pies, jams or juices. The glossy black berries also freeze well. Frost resistant and disease resistance to problems including powdery mildew and rust, so an ideal starter blackcurrant for those looking to grow fruit in the garden or on the patio for the first time. Bush fruit gives you the chance to grow your own fruit in a smaller area. It is also easier to harvest as on a lower level than trees.
Supplied as an established bush in a 2L pot ready for immediate planting.
- Birds love the berries so protect the ripening fruit with fine gauge netting if you need to.
- Mulch to conserve soil moisture.
- Water regularly and especially during dry spells. Container-grown currants should be watered as soon as their soil dries out.
- In late winter, feed with a balanced granular feed.
- Plant bare-root currants between late autumn and early spring, and container-grown plants at any time, avoiding waterlogged, dry or frozen soil.
- Standards should be staked to keep them stable.
Pruning: Year one
- In early spring of the first year after planting, prune the main stems on the head back by half.
Pruning: Year two onwards
- In November, shorten the main stems that you pruned in the spring back to half of their new growth. Any new side shoots that have grown from the main shoots can also be either shortened by half or removed if they are not needed. At the same time, remove any suckers or side shoots from the trunk.
Pruning: After year two, bushes just need a simple twice-yearly trim:
- In July, trim all new side shoots to 5 leaves
- In winter, cut back main stems by half their new growth and any side shoots back to 2 buds (these are the shoots that you trimmed in July)
- Any stems that are damaged, dead or out of place can also be removed.
February - November
April - May
July - August
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment