Braeburn' Apple Tree - Single Multi-Branched Tree
Delivery In 7 To 9 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Easy to grow
- Produces gorgeous fruit
- Because it is self-fertile it does not need a pollinator
- Supplied as a 12m tall, grower quality, multi-branched bare root tree
- Grown on a dwarfing root stock Will grow to approx. 2m (6-7 ft) in 10 years
The crisp and juicy white-fleshed fruits have what is considered by most to be the perfect sweet/tangy flavour balance, literally providing a flavour explosion with every mouthful. Beautiful spring blossom is followed by gorgeous fruit that will be ready to pick fresh from your tree by mid-October each season and will store well until the end of January if kept chilled but frost free. Growing fruit tress enhances the well-being of the environment and that of you and your family. Crops of fresh, heathy fruit right on your doorstep while replenishing the tree population and reducing plastic consumption.
Supplied as a 1.2m tall, grower quality, multi-branched tree, grown on a dwarfing root stock.
- To produce the best apples, Braeburn needs 6-8 hours of full sun each day. They also grow best in rich, fertile, well-draining soil.
- Even though self-fertile, Braeburn will fruit better in the presence of another pollinator.
Planting your Braeburn Apple:
- Select an appropriate spot with enough space to allow your plants to grow. Dig over the planting site and remove any weeds.
- Dig a hole twice the width of the pot, forking over the bottom to loosen the soil, then add some good quality fertiliser, compost or well-rotted manure. We've found that a square hole is better than a round one as the new roots, once they reach the edges tend to grow in a circle round the circumference of the hole whereas when they reach the corners of a square hole, they find it easier to grow through.
- Remove the tree from its pot and loosen the roots as necessary.
- Plant at the same depth as the tree was in its pot. Spread Mycorrhizal granules in contact with the roots when planting.
- Holding the tree upright in position with one hand, slowly backfill the hole with soil, so the soil falls back around the roots.
- Compact the soil around the plant with your heel to ensure good contact around the roots.
- For all trees, use our Tree Planting Kits – including stakes, rubber ties and Mycorrhizal fungi, which is proven to aid tree growth and development.
- Push 40cm of each stake into the soil next to each tree. Make a figure of eight around both the trunk and stake with a tie and fasten it off.
- Mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
- Water the plants at least weekly – especially in dry weather – for the first 8 weeks.
Aftercare advice for Braeburn:
- Drought can severely impact the fruit yield of Braeburn so do not allow plants to dry out.
- Once established for one season, they will become much more tolerant to a lack of water, as the root system develops.
Pruning your Braeburn Apple:
- There is no real need to prune trees and shrubs for the first couple of years. Prune established trees in summer using good quality secateurs, removing weak shoots and overlapping branches, to create an evenly spaced bowl shape.
- Cut the current season’s branches back by roughly a third.
- Unless you are growing in a specific shape, Braeburns only need minimal ongoing pruning to remove damaged, diseased or dead growth.
- Prune when the tree is dormant in winter.
October - April
April - May
September - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment