Fragrant Magnolia Collection - Single Established Plant
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Magnolias are a classic garden shrub that heralds the start of Spring
- Smothered in huge flower buds before any leaves appear in April
- Slow growing and easy to manage, they make the perfect small tree
- One each of - white 'stellata'; pink 'soulangeana' and purple 'Betty'
- Supplied as 3 plants in 9cm pots, 15-20cm tall
Vibrant early summer colours, sweetly fragrant and they last for decades too! Grow anywhere Magnolia Collection. Create incredible spring displays as early as this April with these stunning Magnolia shrubs. Their heady perfume fills the air and the range of colours and formats makes this a perfect starter collection. What's more, whilst they love garden soil, they will happily grow almost anywhere and they look stunning in pots on your patio. Despite their connoisseur status, anyone can achieve truly amazing displays with these easy-to-grow Magnolias. Compact and slow-growing, they remain a manageable size for even the smallest garden. Totally winter hardy and perennial, so you can enjoy them year-after-year . for decades!
Supplied as already established potted plants in 9cm square pots. In your collection - Magnolia Stellata Breathe in deeply. The large white flowers that burst out of the silky, silvery buds that cover the bare branches of the aptly named Star Magnolia during March and April are deliciously fragrant. Slow-growing and compact (3m (10ft) in height and 4m (12ft) across) this plant will thrive in most soils. - Magnolia x Soulangeana One of the most popular magnolias you can grow thanks to a succession of huge, tulip-shaped pinky white flowers that smother the branches of this shrub in mid to late spring. They are shown off to great perfection on the spreading bush as they appear before its dark green leaves. Eventually reaching 6m (20ft) by 6m (20ft) wide, it can be pruned to keep within an allotted area. It prefers acidic soil or pots filled with ericaceous compost. - Magnolia Betty A perfect specimen for a small garden, this medium-sized magnolia boasts narrow, goblet shaped flowers that appear from near purple buds with a creamy white centre in April. Measuring almost 15cm (6in) across, each deep pink bloom packs a heady scent. It does best in slightly acidic soil or can be planted in containers of ericaceous compost. This upright shrub will grow to 4m (12ft) high by 3m (10ft) across.
- Your Magnolias require little pruning other than to maintain their shape and remove damaged or crossing stems. Do this as soon as possible after flowering to keep the flower buds for the following year.
- When planting, choose your site carefully as magnolias dislike being moved.
- Magnolia plants establish quicker when their roots are shaded so apply a mulch of rotted bark chips, manure or garden compost after planting, taking care not to mound it around the stem of the plant.
- Plant magnolias in a sunny or semi shaded position with protection from cold winds and spring frosts.
- Magnolias prefer a rich, moist, well drained, acid to neutral soil so incorporate plenty of well-rotted manure or garden compost to improve the soil prior to planting.
- To plant, water your potted plant well.
- Dig a hole a little deeper and 3 x wider than the nursery pot.
- Add a soil conditioner such as well-rotted manure to the earth removed from the hole if necessary.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Place your plant in the hole at the same level at the pot.
- Refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling).
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball.
- Water well and mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
April - May
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment