Hybrid Tea Rose 'Honore de Balzac' - Single Potted Bush
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: Out of stock
Collect From Store
- Large, pink and cream blooms edged with carmine
- The glorious blooms have a light fragrance
- A superb, compact rose bush with glossy foliage
- Blooming from May right through to October, it's really easy to grow
- Supplied as a single 3L potted bush, reaches 1.5m when mature
An absolutely outstanding garden rose that will fill your garden with a sweet peachy perfume as well as an abundance of beautifully coloured blooms that are much in demand for bouquets. Introduced in the '90s, 'Honore de Balzac' is a classic pink rose named after the French novelist and playwright. A spectacular rose when in flower, the large, cupped pink blooms are edged in carmine and contain a blend of creams. A hybrid tea rose which produces single stems of colourful blooms, they're ideal for cutting and grow into a straight, compact plant making them perfect for narrow borders or rose beds. Happiest in full sun, this versatile rose will also thrive in light shade, filling the garden with its modest fragrance. Its glossy leaves are particularly resistant to the normal rose problems and make this one of the easier roses to grow so perfect for novice or time strapped gardeners.
Supplied as a single 3L potted bush, ready for immediate planting, reaches approx. 1.5m when mature.
- When pruning, make sure that your secateurs are clean and sharp to prevent squashing stems and introducing disease.
Planting Advice for 'Honore de Balzac' Rose:
- Roses can be planted at any time of the year, as long as the soil is not frozen, waterlogged or drought dry.
- Plant your rose where it can get plenty of sun for at least half of the day, and where it will be sheltered from the wind.
- Add plenty of well-rotted manure into the hole and plant so that the graft union (the swollen are when the stems meet the roots) is just below soil level.
- Add mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help the plant establish quicker.
Aftercare Information for your 'Honore de Balzac' rose:
- Water well every other day - daily if the weather is hot and dry.
- Established roses can be watered around once a week through spring and summer - more if the weather is hot.
- For best results, feed roses in in late-March/April and again late July.
Pruning Advice for Rosa Honore de Balzac:
- To prune, just remove any dead, dying, damaged and diseased stems and also deadhead regularly.
- Traditionally, you would cut just above a leaf joint with a sloping cut away from the bud, however, this isn't necessary, and don’t worry about pruning too much - roses are very resilient and will grow back.
September - April
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment