Hydrangea Paniculata 'Polestar' 1.5L - Single Established Plant
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- A new introduction and already a firm favourite with gardeners
- A uniquely compact nature and generous flowering habit
- Colour-changing blooms for up to 6 months of the year
- Perfect for container growing
- An established plant in a1.5L pot, ready for immediate planting
Blooming for up to 6 months of the year, Hydrangea paniculata 'Polestar' (R) (syn Ophelia)is a delightful hydrangea that will change colour through the year. Unique in that it will grow to just 50cm tall, 'Polestar' is perfect for container growing so you don't even need a garden to appreciate its beautiful, colour-changing blooms. The delicate blooms emerge green-white and take on a pink hue as they age, becoming pinker as the seasons progress. Coming into flower from late May and lasting well into October the faded flowers can remain on the plant right through the winter bringing extended interest across the seasons. Easy to grow and hardy right down to -25C, this is a hydrangea suitable for anyone to grow and it will even double as a houseplant for the spring - just remember that ultimately it prefers to be outside.
Supplied as an established plant in a 1.5L pot, ready for immediate planting.
- Hydrangeas love to be kept well-watered - don't allow pots to dry out and water borders regularly.
Planting advice for Hydrangea 'Polestar':
- Grow in fertile, humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade with shelter from cold drying winds.
- Dig a planting hole 3 x wider than the roots of the shrub you're planting and mix some well-rotted compost or manure with the soil from the hole and use this to re-fill once the shrub is in place.
- Before planting soak container-grown shrubs thoroughly and allow to drain.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help plants establish quicker.
- Place your shrub in the hole at the same level at the pot and refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling).
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball and water well.
- Mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
- If you're planting into pots, use the best compost you can buy and add some sand or grit for drainage and to weigh the pot down.
Aftercare advice for your Hydrangea:
- Water regularly and apply a general-purpose feed every two weeks during the growing period.
Pruning Advice for Hydrangea Paniculata:
- Prune hard in early spring to encourage flowering. Cut back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.
February - November
May - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment