Mangave 'Mint Chocolate Chip' - Single Established Plant
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Instantly collectable, a new and exciting development in succulent breeding
- Colourful leaves with unusual patterns and shapes make Mangaves a must-have
- Silvery blue-green foliage with near-black spotting and a fine white margin
- Low maintenance and easy to grow and perfect in a pot
- Supplied as an established plant in a 19cm pot, ready for potting on
Not as recent marketing would have you believe a plant that has been created for men, but rather a new and exciting development in succulent breeding that is taking the gardening world by storm. A cross between the Manfreda and the Agave, Mangaves are becoming increasingly popular as the interest in Xeric landscaping grows - the process of gardening that reduces or eliminates the need for supplemental moisture from watering. Manfredas have rosettes of coloured leaves branching from a very short stem, often with creamy, tubular flowers at the end of a long stalk. Agaves on the other hand are well known for their strong succulent leaves that form large rosettes. These interesting hybrids combine the best features of both types the better growth rate and the interesting patterns and colours of Manfreda, and the habit and refinement of Agave. Varieties can be spotted, blotched or plain green in various shades and with an interesting texture, they can be a bit pointy, but definitely not as prickly as a cactus. Some of the varieties have really interesting leaf shape too, from slim and long to short and broad and wavy or straight too. 'Mint Chocolate Chip' is a uniquely eye-catching succulent with incredible wavy leaves and intense spotting. With long, silvery blue-green foliage with near-black spotting over the entire leaf, a fine white margin lines the edges of the serrated leaves giving it the appearance of a marine animal. Compact in growth and visually stunning, Mangaves make a perfect patio plant, sitting happily in a pot through the summer on your decking or balcony, they will then make a perfect houseplant through the winter in a bright room. All varieties should be watered only sparingly as they are ideally suited to dessert, arid conditions and are lovers of warm temperatures - they make an ideal specimen for a greenhouse or as a houseplant for a bright rooms - indeed anything less than 65F will result in the plant becoming dormant.
Supplied as an established plant in a 19cm pot, ready for immediate potting on. H20cm x W60cm (8 x 24in).
- Overwintering plants should be kept them cool with the soil barely moist. In spring, return them to the garden and reintroduce to full sun gradually to prevent scorching. Plants will colour up better in sunlight outdoors.
Planting Advice for Mangave:
- Using a gritty compost, plant into a container.
- Firm the soil and add a gravel mulch to the top of the soil
- Water well and leave to settle for 2-4 weeks before watering again when the soil is dry
Aftercare Advice from Mangave:
- During the summer water regularly at roughly fortnightly intervals when the compost is dry. In winter, reduce to a maximum of once a month, and then only lightly.
- Keep the plants in a bright, unheated room or conservatory over winter and then move back outside during the summer.
- Feeding is not normally required, although during their growing season, they won’t object, and you should add light nitrogen feed once a fortnight.
Pruning Advance for Mangave:
- No pruning is needed. Any leaves that have dies back should be removed with a sharp pair of secateurs.
April - August
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment