Prunus incisa 'Kojo-no-mai' 9cm - 3x Established Plants
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- A compact tree that will burst into flower before the leaves appear in spring
- Red buds open to reveal the beautiful spring blossom
- Perfect for small gardens or for growing in a pot on your patio
- Fully winter hardy and grow to just 3 ft in 10 years if left unpruned
- Supplied as established trees in 9cm pots
Also known as the Fuji Cherry, this gorgeous, compact tree will burst into flower before the leaves appear in late winter / early spring each year. They start as red buds which appear to almost dance around the branches, but then open to reveal beautiful pale-pink flowers, each with a red centre. Perfect for small garden or growing in a pot on your patio, Kojo-No-Mai even provides autumn interest when its green leaves turn from green to bright reddish / orange before falling. The statuesque form of the tree is also a joy to observe on frosty mornings when a haw-frost shows it off to its very best. Kojo-No-Mai is fully winter hardy whatever the weather and grows to just 3ft after 10 years if left un-pruned, but will be happy to receive a regular trim during early summer after flowering has finished.
Supplied as established plants in 9cm pots, ready for immediate planting out or potting on. NB deciduous so no leaves in winter.
- Best planted in autumn, from October to November choose a sheltered location (to protect the blossom when it emerges in the spring).
- Dig a square hole as deep as the roots and approximately 1.5x as wide.
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the planting hole to help the plant establish quicker.
- Spread the roots gently and place into the planting hole.
- Mix well rotted compost or manure with the soil taken from the hole and then use to backfill around the tree.
- Keep well-watered until established.
- Keep the area free of competing weeds and protect the tree with a rabbit guard if necessary to protect your young cherry tree.
- Pruning your tree is not usually necessary unless you need to remove damaged or broken branches.
February - July
September - November
March - April
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment