Salix Gracilistyla 'Melanostachys' 9cm - 3x Established Plants
Delivery In 7 To 9 Days
Currently: 10 or more available
Collect From Store
- Absolutely exquisite black pussy willow makes a stunning feature plant
- The black catkins and red anthers are perfect for bringing drama to the garden
- Ideal for indoor flower displays.
- Produces fluffy tactile black powder puffs - Kids love them!
- Supplied as established plants in 9cm pots ready for planting out
Wow!. Just wow!! You really can't get a more striking plant for your late winter and spring garden - and we're so excited to be able to bring it to you! Absolutely exquisite with its gorgeous black fluffy catkins which just beg to be stroked as you walk past the bush. The fuzzy bunny tails burst from the tight red buds as the temperature warms in early spring, bringing a contrast to your garden, with the promise of warmer weather to come. Perfect for a winter garden, the pussy-willow catkins start to appear from late winter and last well into the spring, and the stems are truly impressive when cut and brought into the house for an early flower display, making a great visual impact. As the season progresses, the black powder puffs gradually turn golden as the pollen emerges, bringing a subtle shift of colour to the whole bush, before the blue-green leaves emerge and form a magnificent backdrop to other plants and flowers in the garden. Not just a pretty face, 'Melanostachys' is also known for its ability to tolerate pollution, salt sea air and damp areas - a truly versatile and useful plant!
Supplied as established plants in 9cm pots, with an ultimate height and spread of 3m (10ft), but can be restricted by pruning.
- Force blooms for cut-flower displays by cutting stems and placing them in water indoors as early as January.
- Water well until established - willow loves water!
- Apart from keeping plants well-watered, they are virtually maintenance free - even pruning is simple, just prune out dead or old wood to encourage new shoots to appear.
- Any shoots that have grown too long can also be shortened.
- To keep size in check, plants can be coppiced every 2-3 years to encourage new growth from the base.
February - November
February - April
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment