Autumn can be a busy time in your gardening, it’s a time to start clearing away decaying vegetation of the summer and begin the preparation for the cold winter months ahead. We’ve included our top tips of things to do during this period. 1) Greenhouse Autumn Clear-out Since you’ll be cleaning the outside of your […]
Over the Fence Blog
Category Archive: Gardening Advice
A garden will look beautiful when it’s covered in sunlight, however, the hot and dry conditions can be very harmful to your plants and flowers which require water. Dehydration was a common during the summer and it’s no exception for your garden. The garden is normally the perfect place to spend your summer as you […]
1. Scarify and aerate your lawn Using a metal lawn rake, apply pressure to the lawn whilst raking to remove the ‘thatch’ – layers of moss and debris that collect around the grass. Use an aerator tool to punch regular holes in your lawn, and brush in some Lawn and turf topdressing. Finally, apply an […]
Spring is just around the corner and gardening enthusiasts will be outside this month getting their patch ready for the summer. For those who haven’t had much experience gardening we’ve compiled a handy guide to what you need to have at the ready to get out there and start growing and gardening this year. Your […]
It’s March, the spring months are creeping up on us and gardeners will be planning their garden for the year. For novices, it’s a time to start thinking about what you might want to try out, what seems do-able and you might be hunting around the internet for more information. If that’s you, we’ve compiled […]
Get ready for spring 2016 and equip your garden for the influx of nature, wildlife and the return of your fantastic array of flowers and shrubs. For any keen gardener of wildlife enthusiast, there are steps you can take to encourage more activity into your garden so when spring comes you can sit back and let nature come to you.
There’s nothing quite like being able to add your own fresh herbs to your cooking. They are a great addition to any garden because they look and smell lovely, plus they taste delicious when freshly picked.
Hanging baskets are a stunning way to display plants, and are a great way to utilise available space.
- Taking care of your garden in autumn
- October - What to do in your garden this month
- Pet Care – What You Need To Know About It
- 5 Top Autumn Gardening Tips
- How To Take Care Of Your Garden During A Heatwave
- September - What to do in your garden this month
- August – What to do in your garden this month.
- How to create a traditional garden pond
- Family beach essentials
- 10 top tips... making small gardens feel Bigger